Saving with Soul holds adoption events almost every week… and our adoption events are by far our best source of adoptions, not to mention a great time to hang out with a wonderful group of people.
If you do participate in an adoption event, here are some things to keep in mind:
- The events may begin as early as 8am or as late as 11am, and usually last into the mid-afternoon. If your foster is adopted, you may leave the event, but we really hope you’ll stay and help the rest of us.
- The critical periods where we need the most (wo)manpower are set-up and break-down. If at all possible, try to be there to help out first thing and/or at the end.
- While at the event, please represent Saving with Soul in a positive manner. Be nice, be polite and keep the four-letter words to a minimum. No smoking or eating in the immediate area of the event.
- If your foster is creating problems at the event (e.g. being overly aggressive through the kennel), we may ask you to take your foster home. Not all animals are good candidates for an event as stressful as these events can be and it’s hard to know how your foster will react until the event itself. Please don’t be offended by this – it’s happened to all of us.
- If your foster is sick or in heat, do not bring them to an event.
- Please ensure your foster is clean and flea-free prior to an event.
- If you aren’t able to transport your foster pet to the event, just ask for help.
- You must bring a leash and collar to the event (but you do not have to let the adopter have them).
Even if you don’t have a foster attending, you are welcome and encouraged to come. Our events are pretty big productions and we need all the help we can get. And bring your friends.